Monday, June 22, 2009

Other Lives

Other Lives: HearYa Live Session

Other Lives

Other Lives recently recorded some great live versions of their songs for HearYa. Download, listen and watch below.

They are the second Oklahoma band to session with HearYa - Samantha Crain recorded songs there in 2008.

DOWNLOAD:
Other Lives - “AM Theme” (HearYa Live)
Other Lives – “Paper Cities” (HearYa Live)
Other Lives – “The Partisan” (HearYa Live)
Other Lives – “Precious Air” (HearYa Live)
Other Lives -”It Was The Night” (HearYa Live)

From HearYa:

I have had the privilege of seeing many phenomenal acts roll through the HearYa studio for some intimate personal concerts. I don’t think there has been a session yet that has moved me like this one, featuring Stillwater, Oklahoma band Other Lives. Their arrangements are simply amazing and they have a unique ability to sound like they’ve spent years deliberating over every note while still coming off as natural and spontaneous.

As they were getting ready to start up the Leonard Cohen cover of “The Partisan,” I asked Shirk if he thought the band would mind if I lied down in the middle of the studio while they played. Different music elicits different reactions, but with the Other Lives, I just want the music to wash over me. I am still getting goosebumps listening to this batch of songs and I’m 10 listens deep.

From a more personal standpoint, I don’t have enough good things to say about Jesse, Jenny, Colby, Jonathon and Josh. Shirk and I ended up hanging out with them after their set at Schubas to take in the Elvis Perkins in Dearland set. They were an absolute pleasure to hear in the studio and all around good people to spend time with. We wish them the best on the rest of their tour and look forward to seeing them back in Chicago at Lollapalooza.

This entry was posted on Monday, June 22nd, 2009 at 9:09 am and is filed under free

No comments: