Thursday, March 4, 2010

Monica Taylor


Howdee, folks!
 
A little shot of Country Fever festival last year!

Monica Taylor... your singer-songwriter and farmgirl from the Cimarron Valley of Oklahoma ... here!
 
Well, isn't this beautiful weather we're having now? 
Last week was tough for folks in diffferent parts of the country, but I think Oklahoma has broken thru the ice and snow. I am not holding my breath, though.    But I am enjoying short sleeves with a light sweatshirt this week while working outside.  Picked up branches and brush in the pecan orchard yesterday, this week it's garden cleanup and pruning of numerous plants, maybe window washing, and burning a few things. 
 
Need to clean out the van from my trip to Memphis, TN and AR the last two weeks where I played at Folk Alliance and then hiked in the Ozarks.  I'll load 'er back up with my guitar, song lists, and electronics... and drive to these places to play this month:
 
 Friday, March 5th
The Farm Couple's monthly Hootenanny at The Hideaway!
in Stillwater, OK  7pm   *This monthly show held in the north room of this great 53 year old pizza place in Stillwater at University & Knoblock is really a fun night!  I enjoy getting to spend the evening playing and singing with Patrick Williams- my Farm Couple music partner for 10 years...  and with so many folks who come out from across the north central part of Oklahoma! 
 
I'll tell ya what, we've had some really great jam sessions afterwards with about 6 or 7 dear friends who play bluegrass and folk music!  We play our old mountain and country, gospel and bluegrass... and originals from 7-8:30pm, then we push back a few tables and gather 'round for a pickin' till 11pm!  The audience just stays there and claps and sings along... and visits with one another.  You can't beat this evening-  eat great pizza or pasta, etc... listen to great old time music, and be with good folks and family.  Ya'll come!
 
 
 Saturday, March 13th at 7pm!  
Cimarron Valley Barn Concert with Travis Linville,
here in my home north of Perkins, OK...
$10-15 suggested donation... oh, and it's pot luck dinner.  *Please read at the bottom of this newsletter for much more info on this show... the attached letter has good information about this and other Barn Concerts, too!
 
 
March 20th, Saturday evening, 7pm
I will be performing at 
The Crescent Valley Jamboree near Ft. Gibson, OK!  
This wonderful barn is full of some of the best musicians in eastern Oklahoma every 1st and 3rd saturday nights.   Doyle Beaver has invited me to come and be his special guest artist for the evening and I am looking forward to it!   The costs to get in is $10, I believe and you will get to hear all the old country, western swing, and gospel songs you can stand for one evening!  
 
I have a good set list ready and I think you'll approve of these great, old songs... let's see:  Old Fashioned Love in My Heart, Maiden's Prayer, Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain, Ain't Misbehavin, Coat of Many Colors, Together Again, Wings of a Dove... and many, many more.  Here's their phone number for more information:  918-456-6550
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OAtiyGef2M for a nice look at this great concert hall!

No comments: