Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monty Harper News Flash - News on 6 - 4 Days to Go!



 
You're invited to my birthday party! Please see below for details.

Live show tonight (August 17) at the Stillwater Public Library! 6:30 PM. Best for kids 8-12, parents, and other intelligent hominids.
 
I was on the News on 6 in Tulsa and Channel 9 News in OKC! Reporter Dan Bewley came to Stillwater to film me and Dr. Wouter Hoff, the scientist who inspired the song "My Molecular Eye." He did a brilliant job putting the story together.
 
Please watch the video online, and please share the link. "My friend was on the evening news!" That's worth tweeting about, right?
 
There are only 4 days left for me to reach my funding goal for the "Songs From the Science Frontier" CD. If you haven't pre-ordered your CD yet, please do so right now!
 
Because of some scheduling challenges, I've had to be optimistic and go ahead and book studio time. I've also been meeting with my producer, Chris Wiser, to discuss song arrangements. We are pumped and ready to start recording on August 30! The CD is set to come out in October!
 
But ONLY if I reach my funding goal!! If I fall short, it will set the project back by at least a year, because Kickstarter only collects pledges if the entire goal is reached on time!
 
As I write this I am 71% funded, close enough to taste the chocolate!
 
I just need $2,590 more in pledges. I have 100 backers! I estimate I'll need around 40 - 50 more at the average pledge amount. That means reaching a lot more people over the next few days! Anything you can do to help spread the word will be greatly appreciated!

Our free song of the week this week is "Dog Books!" Don't just download the song, check out the podcast, too!
 
My friend, Patricia Shih has a new book out called "Truly Rotten Gigs from Hell: The Funny, The Sad, The Unbelievably Bad True Tales from the Music Trenches." Thankfully, I am not in it! But it reminds me of some of my best nightmares. There are 75 stories from 35 artists in 11 states and 3 countries, including stars like Pete Seeger, Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul and Mary, The Smithereens, two members of The Starland Vocal Band, Oscar Brand and many others. If you're a fellow musician, and even if you aren't, you'll get a kick out of this book. Check it out at www.patriciashih.com and tell her Monty says hello!
 
You are invited to my birthday party! August 21 is not just the deadline for my CD fundraiser. It is also my birthday! I'll be celebrating all day long via a live online video feed on UStream.tv.
 
We'll be chatting with visitors via UStream's chat box, broadcasting video, singing songs, and cheering for every new backer! Check in when you can by visiting my website, and wish me a happy birthday!
 
Things will really heat up as we get close to the goal, or around 7:00 PM, whichever comes first. When we reach the funding goal, Lisa has promised to smoosh a chocolate cake in my face to celebrate.
 
Are you a backer already? Don't miss the invitation to be here in person and share the fun. Look for the last "Backers Only" update on my Kickstarter page.


Thanks for your support!
 
- Monty Harper

P.S. Check it out - I'm featured on the Kickstarter.com home page!!

No comments: