Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Susan Herndon.... rocks!

Greetings!

Festival season has officially blown in... now I must do this quickly, before it rains again and the winds pick up and the power goes out. On the other hand, out in the fields, with the sounds of the coyotes howling and Frozen Rose machine humming (more about that later), who needs electricty (I mean, as long as there's a Starbucks nearby)?

Here's a brief list of the festivals that the band and I will be playing in case you're oh, so busy and don't have time to read my well-crafted newsletter.

the Stone Bluff Lavender and Wine Festival

SunFest in Bartlesville

Country Fever Fest in Pryor

OKMozart Festival in Bartlesville

SummerStage at the PAC in Tulsa

Woody Fest and the Red Dirt Harvest Festival at the Grape Ranch Winery in Okemah!

xxooo

~Susan

(for gigs without blurbage, scroll down)

*********************************************************************************************

Rick's Cafe Americain. (51st and Harvard, Tulsa.) Wednesday, 4, 11, 18, 25 June, 6:30-9:30 pm. Last month at the new location. The special table--and the regulars know what I'm talking about--will soon be on its way to the Smithsonian and placed near Elvis' jumpsuit and Archie and Edith's chairs, or Rick will just take it to the new location and place it in the lounge somewhere. Either way, come out, order something expensive, and then carve your intials in the wood.

Red Rock Canyon. (9916 Riverside Pkwy, Tulsa.) Thursday, 5 & 19 June, 6;30-10:30 pm.

On the Arkansas River, across from Jenks. This one's weather permitting (but then again, isn't most of life?)

Doe's. (Cherry Street, between Utica & Peoria, Tulsa.) Friday, 6 & 27 June & Staurday, 14 June, 6:30- 9:30 pm. On the patio, too, so this one is also weather permitting. I feel hopeful, though and, really, if you can't count on there being weather, what is there left to believe in?

Lavender and Wine Festival. (24474 E. 191st St., Haskell, OK.) Saturday, 7 June, 10 am-ish. Yes, it's that time of year again. And, Lavender Hills Farm now has wine, too. This is the 6th Annual event at the state's best-smelling festivals. And I did mention there's wine, yes? More info: www.lavenderhillfarm.net

SunFest. (420 SE Madison Blvd, Bartlesville, OK.) Saturday, 7 June, 5 pm. With the band!

You read right: wine and lavender in the morning; sun and--I don't know--maybe more wine in the afternoon. The band will be with me in Bartlesville. To make both gigs, we'll have to make haste (not to mention hurry). And let me apologize for my carbon footprint on this day. I'll walk to the rest of my gigs this month, promise. www.bartlesvillesunfest.org

The Grape Ranch. (6 miles south of I-40, exit #221, Okemah, OK.) Sunday, 8 June, 2 pm.

My home away from home--you know, without the major repairs. Anyway, since I already made two alcoholic references in the above two gigs, I will not mention the Frozen Rose machine. I will not mention the Frozen Rose machine. I will not mention the Frozen Rose... www.graperanch.com

Lola's at the Bowery. (5 E. Brady Street, Tulsa.) Thursday, 12 June, 6:30-9:30 pm. With the band! First time at this club, so, as usual, no Jell-O shots off strangers' abdomens until we get booked back. There's much to tell you, but trust me on this one: no place in Tulsa stuffs their olives the way Lola does.

Country Fever Fest. (114 South Mill Street, Pryor, OK.) Friday, 13 June, 7:30 pm. With the band! Yep, that's right, Country Fever. Four days of love and music and nothing but love and music... oh, wait, that was Woodstock. Anyway, this is a four-day festival in Pryor (we'll be playing for Friday's Red Dirt day,) and, as the name suggests, it's all about the country. Cowboy hats, boots optional, but recommended. We'll bring the Skoal.

Gilcrease Museum. (1400 Gilcrease Museum Road, Tulsa, OK.) Tuesday, 17 June, 5:30 pm.

With the Frank Brown Trio. I just hope I don't get this one confused with Country Fever. I'd hate for Frank to start in on "This Masquerade" while I start playing the scary guy's banjo solo from Deliverance.

Cedar Ridge. (10302 South Garnett Road, Broken Arrow, OK.) Friday, 20 June. With the band! If you're members of Cedar Ridge, what the hell are you doing on my mailing list? Still, call, beg, maybe they'll let you in. Tell them you're with the band. No, wait, don't do that--they won't let you in, then.

OK Mozart Festival. (Bartlesville Community Center, B-vill, OK.) Saturday, 21 June, 5:30 pm. I wanted to sing selections from Cosi Fan Tutte, mostly because I like saying tutte, but decided instead to sing my very own Okie songs. This is a big-time fest. Peter Nero and Ben Vereeen will be playing, so after my set, get out of my way, as I will be sucking up to both of them. Go to: www.okmozart.com

Music on the Square. (5th and Main, Tulsa, OK.) Thursday, 26 June, 12-1 pm.

Yes, it's that time of year again, even though the square is kind of an oval. Downtown Tulsa Unlimited's concert on Bartlett (your geometric figure here) series! Grab your lunch and come out or stop in at Billy's on the Square (I like to think of that as newsletter product placement) and order a burger. www.tulsadowntown.org

The LumbarYard. (105 E. Van Buren, Eureka Springs, Arkansas.) Saturday, 28 June. With the band. Music and wood.

Oklahoma Travel Net. www.oklatravelnet.com Recorded a few songs the other day to promote the OKMozart Festival and you can now hear them online. Personally, I can't find them online, but I have it on good authority they're there.

*********************************************************

(All locations, Tulsa, unless otherwise noted.)

Monday, 2 June: oklatravelnet.com

Wednesday, 4 June: Rick's Cafe Americain

Thursday, 5 June: Red Rock Canyon

Friday, 6 June: Doe's

Saturday, 7 June: Lavender and Wine Festival/Stone Bluff, Oklahoma

Saturday, 7 June: SunFest/Bartlesville, Oklahoma/with the band!

Sunday, 8 June: The Grape Ranch/Okemah, Oklahoma

Wednesday, 11 June: Rick's Cafe Amercain

Thursday, 12 June: Lola's/with the band!

Friday, 13 June: Country Fever Fest/Pryor, Oklahoma/with the band!

Saturday, 14 June: Doe's

Tuesday, 17 June: Gilcrease Museum

Wednesday, 18 June: Rick's Cafe Amercain

Thursday, 19 June: Red Rock Canyon

Friday, 20 June: Cedar Ridge/Broken Arrow, Oklahoma/with the band!

Saturday, 21 June: OK Mozart Festival/Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Wednesday, 25 June: Rick's Cafe Americain

Thursday, 26 June: Music on the Square

Friday, 27 June: Doe's

Saturday, 28 June: The LumbarYard/Eureka Springs, Arkansas/with the band!

...

and don't forget in July:

Saturday, 19 July: Big Fish/Grapevine, Texas

Sunday, 20 July: Absinthe Lounge/Dallas, Texas

Saturday, 26 July: Tulsa Performing Arts Center/Sleep With My Guitar Concert

1 comment:

Maestro88 said...

Hey, Susan;

See you in B-ville.

Peter Nero