Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Drive By Truckers

Y'ALL:


We just wrapped up the latest leg of The Big To-Do Tour and it's been a great experience for us. We played several shows with The Henry Clay People and it's always great to have a new band to love. They were fantastic every night and I hope we can play with them again soon. Here is a sample of what they do .

This past weekend we released our new video for "This Fucking Job" ("Working This Job" for the censored version). I hate to call it a video, as I generally hate videos and this is more like a very short film made by real life filmmakers. Scott Teems, who made the award winning movie That Evening Sun (starring Hal Holbrook and Ray McKinnon) directed it. Ray McKinnon (The Accountant, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, The Blind Side, Chrystal) stars in it. I think it's fantastic and hope that you'll check it out at this link . Both versions are well worth checking out and have different endings, so decide yourself how it ends.

Watch the video via the links below:

Working This Job (clean version)

Here is what Ray McKinnon has to say about the video:

"A friend turned me on the DBT's over a decade ago. I went mad for what they were doing. Not long after someone turned them on to my film, THE ACCOUNTANT, of which they claim to still like. And so, we were mutually admiring without knowing each other. Eventually that changed and I have had their music in three of my succeeding films including THAT EVENING SUN which I produced. Patterson particularly, has become a good friend and when I was approached to be a part of the collaboration in the making of the video, I could not refuse. They have all been such champions of my films so more than anything, I (and Scott Teems) wanted to do something that they would dig... Drunk or sober. They seem to like it. The video shoot was a fair amount of shooting from the hip. We were making some crucial decisions on the fly. Damned exhilarating, it was. But nervy too. Lunch was brought in but I couldn't get "Burger World" out of my mind after seeing the video cop enjoy his burger so much after shooting me (or arresting me). So that's where I went. A last meal of sorts. A damn fine burger, too."

Also, check out our latest two webisodes:

You Got Another

Drag The Lake Charlie

We just announced another show on the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Mojo Tour" this summer. We will be playing in St. Louis MO at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre on Sunday July 18, tickets go on sale this Friday, May 21. We also are finally playing a DC show at our beloved 9:30 Club on July 23rd. I promise to be healthy and in rare form.

Don't forget we are playing at Mountain Jam on June 5th. On June 6th, Mountain Jam will be hosting an All Star Celebration of Levon Helm's 70th Birthday. I will be playing on that along with my Dad (David Hood) who is Levon's old friend and has played with him in the past. Other guests include Steve Earle, Warren Haynes, Ray LaMontagne, Donald Fagen and Jackie Greene.

On a similar note, Dad's band The Decoys, will be opening for us at our make up Nashville Cannery show next month. Don't forget to keep Nashville's recent flooding and tragedy in your thoughts and help if you can.

Click here to see all of our upcoming summer dates and purchase tickets.

Thanks again for everyone who has come out and supported the band these last couple of months. This has been my favorite tour of the last twenty five years or so and has been a great way to celebrate Mine and Cooley's Silver Jubilee. This tour is only beginning so stay tuned for many more announcements coming soon.

See You at The Big To-Do.
Patterson Hood
Drive-By Truckers

No comments: