Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Monty Harper

Reply
It's working! My minions are gathering, strengthening, marching forth and conquering, and soon... so soon... it is inevitable... we will seize control! We will rule the Earth!
 
Ahem, sorry.
 
What I mean to say is, huge thank-yous to everyone who responded to last week's email with a pledge to my "Songs From the Science Frontier" project!
 
It's working!!!
 
You have given my project the momentum it needed to get off the ground. Many unfamiliar new names are showing up now on my backers list - generous people who stumbled across the project, found it compelling, saw that others were supporting it, and jumped aboard!
 
As I write this I am 52% funded! And with more than half my time left, that's looking really good! If we can just keep the energy going, I think we're going to make it!

Check it out!
 
 

Catch me on Stillwater's TV31 (Suddenlink Channel 3) Monday August 2 at 7:00 AM on "The Morning Edition"!
 
 

New video featuring the "Super Scientist"
 
I wanted to give you a chance to meet some of the scientists who inspired my songs, so I took lots of video footage last month. I've put together my first attempt at a "Mini Documentary" about how Dr. Marianna Patrauchan inspired the song "Super Scientist."
 
Please check it out and let me know what you think. Would you like to see more of these?

Success for this project now totally depends on people telling other people!
 
Do you have a few moments to help spread the word? Here are five ideas, quick things you might be able to do:
 
1. Click the facebook link below my pitch video here. Add a few words and post to your facebook page.

2. Think of someone you know personally who might be interested - a parent, a teacher, a science buff, a musician... Someone you've been wanting to catch up with anyway. Call them up and tell them about SFSF.

3. Find the website for your favorite science news source (Scienceblogs? Science Fridays on NPR? Podcasts? Magazines?), look for their "report a story" link, and send them a link to my kickstarter page.

4. Are you part of a group that meets regularly within an hour's drive of Stillwater, OK? Check with me - maybe I can come pep up your August meeting with a song or two!

5. Are you on any email lists, yahoo groups, meetups, or the like? If you can find a way to make it relevant, post a link to your list. Science, parenting, music, business, and environment all represent possible angles.

The link is:
 
I deeply appreciate you doing whatever you can. I know you are busy!!

BAM Radio Music and Learning Channel

Here's something I wanted to share with you. My friend Maryann “Mar.” Harman introduced me toBAM! Radio the other day.
 
If you are a parent, educator, or anyone who works with kids, you'll want to check out this fantastic resource! It gives you free access to hundreds of short radio interviews with experts on parenting and education, and it's very well organized - you can easily find dozens of topics of interest. I'm having to tear myself away to finish writing this newsletter!
 
Maryann is a music teacher, recording artist, educational consultant, and founder of Music with Mar. And she's the host of BAM Radio's Music and Learning Channel. Her page is full of interviews about the importance of music for kids' education and development, including a great interview with Sesame Street's Bob McGrath!
 
  
Maryann invites you to write to her if you have a suggestion for a show: mar@musicwithmar.com  
 
Hey, Mar, how about music and science education???

It'll soon be over!
 
If you've already been passing the word around about "Songs From the Science Frontier," thank you thank you!

I appreciate your patience as I work through this campaign - I know I'm filling your inbox more than usual. I will go back to my usual once a month mailings after August 21.
 
Thanks for your support!

- Monty

 
P. S.
I can already smell the chocolate icing!

No comments: