Thursday, September 9, 2010

Monica Taylor

~A little journey-report from this Ramblin' Red Dirt girl~

 

I kayaked a couple of times in the Salish sea near Samish Island with Dan Duggin and Dean Luce!!, camped for 5 days in the Chuckanut mountain area and hiked some good hikes! had some wonderful concerts in the Bellingham and Bow area of WA state. Met and made some good friends...

 

Just spent the most wonderful days and evenings...

I drove the amazing Columbia river gorge for the second time this month.  Camped near Maryhill... had just spent a weekend with friends at the Tumbleweed festival on friday and then sat-monday with Chuck & Vic Dunlap... and his awesome band above Lake Roosevelt near Creston, WA!  

 

What and amazing place and time. 

Thank you to all of you- Nancy Dillon and MJ Bishop, and Chuck and Vic Dunlap, and Leslie Beia and Dean Luce- whose birthday is today!!

 

~Sept. 7th, 2010~

I ended up yesterday about 4pm here in Troutdale, OR at

The McMenamins Edgefield Poor Farm resort. 

Love this old place- healing waters, fabuous food... AND The Foghorn String band trio played music last night!  

Good way to spend my birthday with all this and my dear friends...  thank you, Monica

 
 
Ya'll come on out for these shows- come ramble with me! 

 

Sept. 8,  Wed.  in Portland, OR at The Mississippi Pizza Place … 9pm  $5-7 at the door....don't know who all is going to play with me?   Hoping some fiddle and dobro? *For sure, my friends Tater n' Craig are gonna pick and grin wid' me this evening!!  Oh, Dean Patrick Luce ust told me he's planning on being here to  'play with me on HIS birthday!' I think it's gonna be a big night- I know there's dobro player coming, too- Dylan!   See ya'll tonight!


 

  *JUST added!!

Sept. 9…..Thursday night,  House concert 6-9pm

I will have Dean Luce on mandolin and guitar and also!

Harley James playing with us on pedal steel my friends!!

Just added a house concert tonight in Milwaukie, OR... just a few miles south of Portland, OR.  

A House Concert at Marlene's place on Thursday, September 9th 6-9 pm!  Everyone is welcome! 
 Featured Artist is Monica Taylor, who is visiting Portland from Oklahoma.   

 Suggested donation to the Band is $15.00 ...and of course kids are free.   

She was a featured artist on Prairie Home Companion where she made so many new fans across the country... and the world thru this internationally syndicated radio show hosted by Garrison Keillor on NPR.
There will be light snacks and some beverages. 

RSVP: smithmarlene@comcast.net or 503-789-1810
I will send out a notice with the address and reserve a spot for you!
40 seats available.
 

 

    ~R & R~

TIME FOR CAMPING AND HIKING... AND EXPLORING!

I'll be on my way to the Redwoods!  Via Breitenbush hot springs, the Oregon coastline… and then, hangin with my dear friend Rebecca (Becky Clubb- 13 or so years ago- and I lived at The Farm west of Stillwater, OK  A home for wayward red dirt musicians and songwriting aquifer...) she now lives in Sebastapol, CA!

Then Sequoia Forest, Yosemite, hot springs across NV and UT...

keep me in your prayers for safe travels & wonderful journey!

 

Sept. 17 & 18, Telluride and Ridgeway, CO  *My friend, and fabulous mandolin player, Jack Racja will be playing with me and has put together some great places for us to play.  I'll get the per'nant info. for the next newsletter!

 

Sept. 21, Tuesday, Taos, NM at The Taos Inn. 

125 Cam Del Paseo Pueblo Norte  Taos, NM 
(575) 758-2233 www.taosinn.com

 

Sept. 24th, Friday Santa Fe, NM  at Big Candy Music store

In-House Concert  7pm   $10-15 w/ Patrick Turnmire and Chipper Thompson  (*thank you to Jerry Ferris for lining this show up for me!)

 

Sept. 25 Saturday at The Old Blinking Light Restaurant in Taos, NM

7-9:30pm $5 w/ Patrick and Chipper!

 

Do hope to see you out somewhere... or would also love to meet friends of yours 'who live in one of these venue areas...'

Ya'll take care now, ya hear?

Love from this Red Dirt girl~  Monica Taylor

No comments: