Thursday, September 23, 2010

Monica Taylor

Howdy, friends!

Just wanted to give you a little idea of places to hear some of my homegrown red dirt music ~ this week and next!

Thursday, Sept. 23rd (tonight!) in Santa Fe, NM at The Candy Man Music Store, 7:30pm $10-15.

I will have the fabulous fellers, Patrick Turnmire (part of Don Conoscenti's band!) on percussion and Chipper Thompson (from Kim & The Caballero's Band and many other Taos groups) on mandolin and guitar playin' with me. 

*Jerry Ferris, friend & songwriter from Santa Fe, will be opening up the evening with his own songs and poems.  Come on out!

Note:  Kim will be playing solo at The Taos Inn's Adobe Bar this next tuesday, sept. 28th at 7pm... she's a wonderful tradiitonal country-western singer- a beautiful person!

Saturday, Sept. 25th in Taos, NMat The Old Blinking Light Restaurant & Concert Hall, 7-10pm $5.

 We might be outside!  That would be loverly... course, you can always sit just inside the doors of the restaurant, too.  The fine fellers, Pat and Chipper will be with me again this evening, too!  What a great time we're having playing together.  Wear your dancing boots!

Monday, Sept. 27th in Garden City, KS at the home of Russ & Debbie Tidwell, 7pm, $10-15.  

Russ & Debbie's phone number is: 620-640-3818 and the address for the concert is  211 N. 6th  in Garden City, KS

*I will have Jon Irsik playing guitar with me this evening!

**What a great way to end two and a half months of playing music on the road across the western and northwest parts of this beautiful country of ours, huh?! 

Would love to see you out at any of these show, my friends.

  And ... Thank you SO much for making me feel welcome and loved everywhere I've roamed this summer.  Sure means a lot to me to have had safe travels and a joyful journey... while spreadin' a little 'red dirt music'  around America!

~love from Monica Taylor

www.monicataylormusic.com

 

 

 

In October...

I'll be playing in Perkins, OK on Saturday, October 2nd  7pm...  at the old High School gymnasium for the town's annual banquet & fundraiser for the Heritage park just outside of my little hometown of Perkins.

Contact the Perkins Chamber of Commerce for info.

Sunday October 3rd...

I'll be singin' that old western swing and jazz tunes in three part harmony as part of The Cherokee Maidens & Sycamore Swing as we perform in Wichita, KS.  *More info for this event next week.

Thursday, October 7th, 7pm..

I'll be in concert at The Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame at the old Santa Fe Train Depot in Muskogee, OK with Greg Jacobs, Travis Linville, and John Fullbright- all some of my favorite Oklahoma songwriters/ performers and dear friends!

Sunday, October 10th   2-6pm ... at The Grape Ranch Vineyards, just south of Okemah, OK about 6 miles.

Uncle Don Morris and I will be performing together this lovely fall day!  Don is one of my favorite people on this planet and has always been one of favorite songwriter/ performers, too!  Ya'll come on out!

October 23rd, Saturday night in Stillwater, OK ... at Joseppi's Italian Restaurant - 8-10pm, but the time depends on the OSU football game's time.  Tonight will be very special, my friends.   I will have Terry "Buffalo" Ware on electric and acoustic guitars,  and Uncle Don Morris on bass and sharing the singing.  Will be a wonderful time- guaranteed!

Here's a little more that you will ALSO be happy to hear about!

Some good friends in concert:

Friday, October 8th, 7pm...Jimmy Lafave & Night Tribe are coming back to Tulsa, OK for a concert at The Blue Dome Diner!

You might want to reserve your tickets in advance- OK Ticket Outlet or by calling the Blue Dome Diner, 918-382-7866.

* Jimmy is a dear friend who spent his 'formative years' (grin) writing songs and playing in Stillwater, OK... my neck of the woods, you know. I'll be helping him out with the evening at the cd table and the door- might join him in a song or two.

He is going to have the loverly and talented Jess Klein with him as a special guest!  Jess is a wonderful songwriter and performer who is also on his Music Road records label out of Austin, TX.

 

 

 

Note:  November 11th, another Music Road record label songwriter will be at The Blue Dome Diner- Sam Baker, from Austin, TX !

One of the finest songwriters I've heard in along time- Jimmy told me a couple of years ago I needed to hear him, and he was right.  Sam can captivate an audience with his songs, performance, and his storytelling... you ought to reserve your tickets for this show, too.  I'll have a Reservations Book at Jimmy's show for this Nov. 11th Sam Baker concert.  Jared Tyler is going to play mandolin and dobro with him, I think.

I will probably join Sam on a few numbers- he invited me to perform in Telluride, Co and then St. Maries, ID with him this July and August.  We had a great time together...

Hope to see you all soon!

No comments: