Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Snorty Horse Saloon

I have got a lot done today.  The phone has been ringing like crazy.  I’ve booked some high powered acts in the last couple of weeks and I’m just excited as hell about it.  BIG SMITH really did a lot to help my ego last weekend.  Those guys are all about what we are trying to do, actually announce some of the bands that are coming to our place and told everyone how good they are.  I’ve always said that we are better known outside a fifty mile radius then inside, but I think that may be changing.  Many of you folks here in Springfield are catching on and are beginning to realize that no one offers what we do and are starting to frequent the place and I can’t be happier.  We are booking some different stuff also that I really think should take off.  That’s one thing I hear from all of you is that every night is different and you never know what to expect.  It is a Snorty Horse attraction that seems to be growing.  BEN MILLER BAND is playing this week and the HOSTY DUO is playing later in April to give you two perfect examples.  It’s good stuff.

Check this week out:

WED. MAR. 28th: RECKLESS KELLY with MICKEY and the MOTORCARS!!! This will be a big night for us. If you don’t already know, there are four Braun brothers two of which are members of R.K. and two who are members of M&MC. They were raised in the Mountains of Idaho in a musical family…you may have heard of their dad, Muzzy Braun, and they were actually all on the tonight show with Johnny Carson years ago. They all still play together sometimes and are known as “The Rock Farmers” or in Idaho, near their home town they are known as “The Braun Brothers.” But for those of you around here would better know them as the guys that wrote “Crazy Eddies Last Harrah”, which any band that has any Red Dirt influence at all has covered at one time or another. You can find write ups and stories in every major music publication about both of these bands just because their story is so interesting. That and the song’s they write. There was a big article in Mavrick magazine about a song they wrote called “The Seven Nights in Erie” which you should find and read. In fact, if you are not familiar with either of these bands, just do a quick Google search and prepare to be surprised.
As I said in last week’s newsletter, you will probably never get the chance to see these guys play together in this part of the world again. Occasionally there paths cross, but both bands are keeping the road hot and I’m sure they both have their own separate sets of goals. This show is going to be unforgettable…Don’t miss it.

THUR. MAR. 29th: THE BEN MILLER BAND! Everyone asks about the Ben Miller Band. Based out of the Joplin area, they have become a staple of good tunes and good times in the four state area. You will find them at most the major music festivals to the smallest dive bars in the area. The first time I saw them was in a bar about the size of my living room in Joplin on a Monday night. It was awesome to see them play in a place like that. They are a three piece band that reminds me of someone you might see playing at some cool nasty venue in Louisiana or somewhere. They play anything from triangles to washboards and yet I have a hard time calling them a bluegrass band. You just got to check it out and plan on jumping around a lot. I also bet anyone $100 that Amish Guys will be here. Want to see dancin’ Amish Guys, come see The Ben Miller band on Friday.
It’s also Whiskey Night!
$5 to get in.

FRI. MAR. 30th: The ELI YOUNG BAND with MOOTZ MOODY! The Eli Young band kind of beats to a different drum from a lot of the music that I like. I do mean this as a compliment, but since I first saw them in Steamboat over a year ago I called them the Boy Band of the Red Dirt Scene. What that translates to is that girls love these guys. I’m serious…the biggest mistake I’ve made recently was not putting up presale tickets because these girls want to eat them up! Phones have been ringing like crazy of people wanting tickets and I swear to all of you that every call has been a chick with a hot sexy voice! This show is going to look more like a model search then a concert. I saw them open for Cross Canadian Ragweed a couple of months ago and girls were hanging from the rafters. You should have seen it. I think I booked them the next day. The Eli Young band is all over CMT and has probably gotten more radio play then any other band I have had in here. This is going to be a good one.
Got MOOTZ MOODY opening. This guy has got some pipes. He’s also from around K.C. and has been dieing to play at the Snorty Horse. I have heard nothing but good things about him and I’m really looking forward to watching him play.

SAT. MAR. 31st: The RED DIRT RANGERS with RENEGADE RAIL! This week’s lineup keeps getting better! We love the Rangers at the Snorty Horse. These guys are busy. They produced the Christmas jam at Cain’s, just finished a new studio album, and were a featured article in the newest issue of Mavrick magazine. That and Randy Crouch is the steel/ fiddle player…which is a full time job just keeping an eye on Randy. They have played with everyone in the book from Big Smith to Willie Nelson. They were also one of the first bands to put the Wormy Dog Saloon on the map and were there before many of the Stillwater bands were even a glimmer in anyone’s eye. These are legends of the Oklahoma music scene and have done so much for so many bands and it’s always a pleasure to have them. I believe they also wrote “Idabel Blues” which Stoney Larue sings also with so many other bands. They cover every inch of the spectrum as for as genres go and everyone that walks through the door will have a ball.
RENEGADE RAIL is opening. Can’t believe we got a band of this caliber for support. These guys always kick ass and I’m sure a bunch of you will be coming from Northern Missouri for this one. This is show I’ve wanted back for a long time. Hope everyone can make it.


Thanks,

Steve Greene
417.833.6700
steve@snortyhorse.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snorty Horse Saloon
"Best Little Texas Roadhouse in Missouri"
3050 N. Kentwood Ave.
Springfield, MO 65803
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy Tickets Online at
www.snortyhorse.com

No comments: