Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Monica Taylor

Monica Taylor concerts this month:

Hootenanny at The Hideaway in Stillwater, OK Friday, Feb. 5th

Patrick Williams and I perform our Farm Couple songs of old bluegrass, country, swing… and self-penned, of course tunes at this 50+ year old pizza place in Stillwater, OK.  We always have a great time!   We play from  7- 8:30pm while you have supper and then we push back the tables and chairs and have a pickin' with lots of wonderful musicians.  IT's an open jam, so bring your acoustic instruments and we'll pick till about 11pm!  Eat pizza, visit with friends, and enjoy roots music all evening long!*  7pm

 

Patrick is playing at Marietta's in Cushing, OK  on Saturday, Feb.13th… 10pm.  

 

Cimarron Valley Barn concert featuring John Fullbright- Saturday February 6th at 7pm! 

$10-15 donation.  This is a house concert I'm hosting in my home for my friend John Fullbright, one of Oklahoma's best songwriters and performers.  I'll play a couple of my new songs from 'Cotton Shirt' with John on accordion to start off the second set.  *Read about this concert below with my journal entry…      listen to John here:   www.myspace.com/johnrussellfullbright

 

Valentine's Day with Monica Taylor & Don Morris @ The Grape Ranch, 1-5pm 

  The Grape Ranch Vineyards is just south of Okemah, OK,  We'll pull out all the love songs we can think of… then we'll have to resort to heartbreak songs, I guess!  (grin)  It is so beautiful out here at this lovely ranch on a Sunday afternoon!  From Highway 40 and Okemah, you go about 7 miles south on county road   Follow the big Grape Ranch signs that have longhorns made from wine barrels… can't miss 'em!                                         Here's their web site:     www.graperanch.com

 

North American Folk Alliance, Feb. 17-21, Memphis, TN

I'm going to Folk Alliance in Memphis!  Really looking forward to this time with other songwriters and artists from around the world… send good thoughts my way, please!  Feb. 17-21!  Lots of us Okie's are gonna be crashing Nancy Apple's  old town o' music history!   I'm going to Graceland one day, my friends!

 

Joseppi's Italian Kitchen in Stillwater, OK

Saturday, February 27th 8-10pm

I love playing here… fabulous ambience, food, drink, and wait staff! Don Morris will be joining me this evening!   Ya'll check out Joseppi's for the weekly acoustic concerts…. Some of my favorite artists play here.     www.joseppis.com 

 

www.monicataylormusic.com ~ you can purchase my CDs here... and such.

 

Friends, please open the attached letter ...

I wrote about the house concert with John Fullbright... I only have about 10-15 seats left for folks to reserve!  It's also a potluck and a good jam afterwards... but I need to hear from you soon.  I already have almost a full house and this is my first newsletter about it!  It's going to be a great night!

Much Love from this Red Dirt girl!!  Monica Taylor

405-547-2730  405-612-3183

mtaylorok@yahoo.com 

No comments: