Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Black Ribbons by Shooter Jennings... review by jmomojo

Man, I was just taking a quick break to hit iTunes and get a song or two from Shooter Jennings. Not sure why, just had an itch to do so.

But I had no clue that he has apparently changed genres!!! He is now taken up rock. He even played on the Warp Tour last year with his new band, Hierophant.

So, since I am always up for weird music, and I noticed that one website referred to it as the Alman Brothers meets Nine Inch Nails, I had to buy it.

I have made it through about 4 out of the 20 tracks, and so far it is pretty cool. In between some of the songs, Stephen King plays the role of a DJ on radio station that is being shut down because the end of free speech, and end of the world. Pretty trippy stuff, but pretty neat in its own right.

iTunes has it at 4.5 out of 5 stars, and the reviews have been really great for it. Anyway, thought I would share.

The band is Shooter Jennings & Hierophant, and the CD is Black Ribbons, just in case you wanted to know

No comments: