Thursday, June 24, 2010

Monica Taylor, red dirt singer and songwriter from Oklahoma

Howdy, friends! 
Monica Taylor, red dirt singer and songwriter from Oklahoma here again with a few places to enjoy music with me!
June 24th, Thursday *Songs in the 'Ville with Effron White, Carl Jackson, and Jerry Salle!  Fayetteville, AR   A concert with 4 songwriters in the round... so excited because Carl and Jerry are two songwriters from nashville that I have admired for years!!  Effron... well, you all know how much I love his songs.  (grin) 

On Dickson Street UARK Ballroom 7pm $10
www.effronwhite.com  for more information.

June 25th, Friday *The New Dehli Cafe, Eureka Springs (AR) 6:30-9:30pm with Randy Pease, songwriter show 
*Randy has written someof the best songs sung 'round these parts- and HE lives in Indianna? What?  
He used to live in eastern OK, in the Cherokee nation's capital area, and he also lived in Stillwater, OK... where and others forged the way for Red Dirt Music to grow.
The New Dehli has fabulous Indian and American food... I am ready for it!

June 26th, Saturday *Joseppi's Italian Restaurant, Stillwater (OK) 8-10pm
with Terry "Buffalo" Ware on electric guitar!  Golly~ I am so blessed to call this talented man a friend.  You may have heard him play the likes of Ray Wylie Hubbard, Jimmy Lafave, Michael Fricasso... the list TRULY goes on and on.  Ya'll come out for some great Italian food and home grown music!

June 27th, Sunday *The Grape Ranch Vineyards just approx. 7 miles south of Okemah, OK.  www.thegraperanch.com   Uncle Don Morris and I will be swappin' tunes from 2-6pm!  Love Don's orginals and the songs that he does by other folks, too!  He is also one of my favorite people!

ALSO ON THIS DAY:
June 27th, Sunday  
I will be hitting the highway for Oklahoma City, OK and The Blue Door to hear my dear friend Jared Tyler perform at 8pm with Luke Bulla and Jeff Autry!!  Both of the Nashville musicians have International Bluegrass Music Assosciation awards adn honors out the wa-zoo!   I am so excited about his show...  by the way, check Jared's website because they are doing a house concert tonight in Bartlesville, OK and a concert at one MY favorite venues in Tulsa- The Blue Dome Diner on 2nd & Elgin, downtown. 

Here's Jared website: www.jaredtyler.com
July 10th, Saturday *Ft. Gibson, OK area... at The Crescent Valley Jamboree!  7pm
I will performing with this great house band!  I know this will be a fun night- ALL old country and western songs!! 
 

July 15th, Thursday Woody Guthrie Folk Festival, Okemah (OK) 4pm The Brickstreet Cafe with Don Morris, Jared Tyler, Nancy Kamm, and Terry Ware in 'da band!    & on July 17th, Saturday, 2pm as part my western swing trio- The Cherokee Maidens, with Robin Macy, Jennifer Pettersen, & me!

Love from the Cimarron valley and this red dirt girl, Monica Taylor
 

I am also on 'Facebook'... say 'Howdy!' there, too!

No comments: