Monday, December 7, 2009

Monica Taylor

Howdee friends & neighbors!

Cotton Shirt CD Release Concert Tuesday, Dec. 8th at The Blue Dome Diner, 7:30pm.

I am also playing at:

Joseppi’s with Don Morris this Saturday, Dec. 5th at 8pm Stillwater, OK

The Hideaway Pizza with Patrick Williams, Dec. 11th 7pm Stillwater, OK

The Cain’s Ballroom and The Red Dirt Family Christmas party, Dec. 12th … 7pm, doors

The Blue Door Music Hall in Oklahoma City, OK Jan. 9th, 8pm

*Tonight, Dec. 3rd, my friend Suzie Ragsdale is in from Nashville, TN and is playing songs from her new CD at The Blue Door, 8pm What an amazing songwriter and one of favorite singers! My dear ’ brother’ Jared Tyler will be playing dobro and singing with her! He just played and sang with Malcom Holcomb there last night… it was amazing! Suzie put some gorgeous vocals alongside Malcom’s great growling storytelling voice, too! Be there tonight for her show… I will be!



Photos by Donna Meier

The Blue Dome Diner Concert Hall in Tulsa, OK * December 8th, Tuesday * 7:30pm

I am so happy to invite you all to The Blue Dome Diner in downtown Tulsa on Tuesday, December 8th for my CD Release Concert! Brian has offered the Blue Dome Diner’s big backroom for this evening, and guess what? He’s serving dinner! There will be a waitress in the backroom to take your orders all evening long. Isn’t that great? You feel free to eat during the concert… I am going to play the entire first set of songs in the order that they appear on the cd - with all of the Tulsa pickers you’ll hear on Cotton Shirt… plus Jesse Aycock! We’ll take an intermission and then we’ll do a second set, featuring the amazing artists who are playing with me this evening! I hope you can come… forward this on to friends, bring some friends…we’ll have a great night!!

www.monicataylormusic.com will give you a ‘taster’ of the new tunes and the photos from the CD artwork. You can always order thru the webpage via the Pay Pal button, or by downloading an order form and mailing a check to my address. I also have download cards available!

CD’s will be $15 - I will make a $2 donation to the following charities- maybe you’d like to do this, too.

*$7 at the door… for the darling pickers who are coming out this evening!

Food drives: We will have a barrel for canned foods for Tulsa’s John 3:16 Mission- AND I will have a barrel for bagged or canned food for dogs and cats as donation for the Perkins (OK) Animal Shelter… I will try to have a person from the mission there in case you would like to make a cash or check donation. I am thankful for the blessings in my life… and this is one way we can all help out others… both humans and critters. (smile) Great info on the CD at bottom of letter!!


All of this Farmgirl’s journal is being written on train #28… somewhere in western Minnesota (grin)

Today is Monday, Dec. 1st~ I’m coming home on Amtrak from a month of singing in the NW!

I’ve been playing the songs from my new recording for most of this month out in Oregon, Washington, and Montana… absolutely a wonderful time! The Dustbowl Refugees in Portland, Dean Patrick Luce in Washington… other wonderful pickers played with me! They were awesome! Thank you! All over Oregon and Washington I saw so many friends from my college days at OSU who have migrated out to that part of the country- we got caught up on lost pickin’ & grinnin’ time, I promise!!

My dear red dirt ‘brother’ Chuck Dunlap joined me for two shows, and then hosted a house concert for me in the cabin that he and his lovely wife Vic built about 20 years in the mountains above Lake Roosevelt- part of the Grand Coulee Dam system in eastern Washington.

I will never pester any of these friends again with “Why don’t you come home more often?”

I’m writing this from an Amtrak train that just pulled out of St. Paul, MN… I’m gonna get back to the scenery now, and Enjoy the Ride!

Ya’ll be sure and read the following for info on the CD~ lots of love from this ramblin’ red dirt girl!

Monica Taylor

Cotton Shirt… “I will wipe your brow with my cotton shirt, feel the warmth of your breath and skin on mine…

If I feel you, if I’m ever in your arms again.” ~from the lyrics of the title cut.

This t-shirt was given to me by Zach Childers in memory of his father and Red Dirt music’s godfather~ Bob Childers… a dear friend.


The musicians who are going to be at the CD party all played on the recording this August in Tulsa at Soul Tree Recording Studios!

Here’s a little info on the cd and the musicians:

The CD, Cotton Shirt, was produced by Jared Tyler & Monica Taylor.


We recorded eight songs in Tulsa at Soul Tree Recording Studios owned by Jared Tyler & Travis Fite.

Three songs were recorded at Cedar Creek Studios in Austin, TX with Fred Remmert engineering this session, Jared Tyler assisting.

All recording was done the month of August, 2009.

All of the songs were mixed by Jared Tyler… a little ‘backseat steering’ by myself.

Mastering was done by Chuck Zwicky of NYC, NY. Fabulous job by Chuck and Jared!


Artwork design was done by Dianna Burrup at Caslon Productions, and the photographs were taken by Donna Meier of Tulsa. Thank you, ladies!


Tulsa session musicians: Engineered by Jared Tyler at Soul Tree Studios

Jared Tyler on banjo, dobro, gut string guitar, and harmony vocals.

Don Morris on bass and harmony vocals.

Steve Pryor on pedal steel, electric guitar, vocals.

Shelby Eicher on mandolin and fiddles. Doug Wehmeyer on drums.

John Fullbright on accordion, Hammond B-3, and harmony vocals. Dylan Field on rhythm stuffins.

The Red Dirt Rangers on harmony vocals.


Austin, TX session: *Engineered by Fred Remmert at Cedar Creek Studios, with Jared Tyler assisting.

Jimmy Lafave- vocals, coordinator of these sessions… and pizza delivery guy (grin.)

John Inmon- acoustic and electric guitars Miss Cindy Cashdollar- steel and Weissenborn guitars

Radoslav Lorkavich- accoridan and grand piano Mark Patterson- drums Uncle Don Morris- bass


Songs on the Cotton Shirt CD:

Cotton Shirt- by Monica Taylor

My Little Diner Gig- Monica Taylor

The Distance- Monica Taylor

Rosalie- Randy Pease Where Could I Find You Tonight- Greg Jacobs

Young Mother- Monica Taylor & Patrick Williams The Price of Love- Jimmy Lafave (duet with Jimmy)

Enjoy the Ride- Bob Childers, Brad Piccalo, Greg Jacobs (FULL of guest artists!!)

Hello, Goodbye, I’m Gone- Monica Taylor & Patrick Williams (with Cindy Cashdollar on steel…)

She- Gram Parsons & Chris Ethridge

My Last Name is Williams- Monica Taylor, Patrick Williams, & Bill Erickson

*ghost track… H. Williams


See you Dec. 8th at The Blue Dome Diner in downtown Tulsa, OK… please visit my website to hear the songs and to purchase a cd or digital download card thru the Pay Pal button or an order form.

Do sign up on the email list and say “Howdee!” with a little note!

Love from Monica

www.monicataylormusic.com

No comments: