Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Brandon Jenkins

$Account.OrganizationName
February 2007
Brandon Jenkins Band Newsletter



Join our mailing list!

Hey All, thanks so much for your continued support! We've been getting a tremendous response from our live shows lately, and there seems to be a new energy surrounding the Band; come out and tap into that energy when ya get a chance! -Brandon

Upcoming Live Shows
Come check out the trio!!!!

  • Sat 3-3 Muldoon's El Campo, TX
  • Sat 3-10 Armadillo Palace Houston, TX



"VII" Goes National
charting in Texas and the Nation

First off, our latest single Why Did We Ever Say Goodbye is really hangin in there moving back up 2 spots to #6!!! We've had this song in the top 10 for over 2 months on The Texas Music Chart, thanks so much to radio for playing the hell out of it. I just found out VII has charted Nationally coming in at #115 on the Americana Charts just in front of Beck, and The Dixie Chicks!!!


Dallas Mardi Gras
totally shitty situation

If you haven't already heard, I'm sure you will, about the now infamous Dallas Mardi Gras show. We did an early set there, because we had to leave to play a show in Stillwater, OK later that night. The actual show went great, the fans were into it, singing along with all the songs... We had to start a few minutes late because the band before us went over on their time, no big deal, happens all the time, well about 40 minutes into our scheduled 45 minute set the sound guy says one more song, so we went into our usual closing combo number of Finger On The Trigger/Livin Down On The Line, same way we end every show, essentially the climax of our performance; with about 30 seconds to go before we're done the sound goes off. I was sure it was technical problems, but when I looked at the sound guy he's running his hand across his throat like a knife yelling IT'S OVER, TIMES UP!!! Let me say in the 17 + years I've been doing this, I have never been so insulted, nor have I ever seen that happen to someone while the crowd is rockin and enjoying the music so much. Well, needless to say, I totally lost it, and began to scream obscenities, and may have knocked over a stand or two, the crowd went nuts and started chanting FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU... flippin the bird to the sound guy. It was a tense situation, but I finally took my happy ass off stage. I do know one thing though, he was lucky to be far away from me, because I hate to think what would have happened if I didn't a chance to cool down and think first. I went out to the Van and smoked a joint and started feeling bad for the way I acted, and started to wonder if I had cut my own throat by my display. I went out and talked to the people from 99.5 The Wolf and told the I was sorry for over reacting, and they said I was totally in the right, and they were embarrassed by the sound guys behavior. The Band that played right after us had a lot of class and called the sound guy out as well saying "that was total bullshit what you did to Brandon". Anyway that's the long and short of it, cause I'm sure the story'll grow taller as time passes. I'm really a nice guy most of the time, but I will not tolerate disrespect like that, I don't care who you are, or what the setting may be.


No comments: