Saturday, September 29, 2007

Band Q&A: Bleeding Wisdom

Thu September 20, 2007

Band Q&A: Bleeding Wisdom

By Chris Colberg
Why: This experienced hard-rock band runs somewhere between screamo and punk rock. The band members are determined to change the world one note at a time. Band members are vocalist Aaron Miller, guitarist Danny Taylor, drummer Bryan Eggleston and bassist Rufus.

Q: What was it about the guitar you found so appealing?

A: Danny Taylor, guitar: It was a cool way to pick up girls. I know everybody says that, but that’s the truth.

Q: How do you keep the audience’s attention when you’re playing?

A: I try to make eye contact with them. I do a guitar solo to try to get their attention, rock out as hard as I can.

Q: What do you do for inspiration?

A: It depends on what I’m going through. If I’m down, I write something that’s depressing. If I’m in a happy mood, I write something in a major key. Listen to a lot of classical.

Q: What kind of bands do you play with?

A: We’ve played with screamo and punk rock. We’re kind of in the middle of that. We play with death metal bands, stuff like that.

Q: How is your music changing the world?

A: One note at a time, man (laughing). Maybe people will get some inspiration from the lyrics. Some people say that some of our songs have helped them through some hard times.

Q: What have been your greatest musical accomplishments?

A: I got an “A” in a piano class in college (laughing). Our last show at Big Papa’s Pour House was really good. We had a good turnout. Girls were flipping their shirts up, which was kind of cool.

Q: What’s the meaning of your band name?

A: If you think about it, you gain wisdom by bleeding. You have to go through something, you have to hurt or fall and pick yourself up, and you gain wisdom from that.

Q: What’s your greatest lesson been?

A: Not to trust too many people in the music business (laughing). Don’t take their word for it, that’s all.

No comments: