Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bo Phillips

From: Bo Phillips



Date: Sep 26, 2007 3:07 PM
Subject: Farewell
Body: I just want to first say that I am the luckiest guy in the world to have been able to do what I love. With a heavy heart, I have decided to hang up my saddle in the music business. I've been away from my family far too much, and my young'ens aren't gonna stay little forever. I've decided that even though I love music, I love my family far more. Thanks to all of you who have made this ride as amazing as it has been.

Thanks to Eddie and Faye Beth Purifoy for all you've done and driving over 1000 miles just to see my live CD recording. You guys are a class act.

Thanks to Ron and P.J. Berry. Two of the biggest music fans I've ever seen. Also, two of the finest, most decent people I know.

Thanks to the Hooten family in Whitney, Texas. You guys really know how to throw a family party and welcome strangers into your home like we were part of your family.

Thanks to Hank Moore and Roosters for giving me my first gig and never losing hope in me the entire way.

Thanks to all of the musicians who have given me advice and encouragement. Most notably, Steve Rice, Cody, Jason, Mike, and my good friend, Kyle Nix.

Thanks to Stoney for taking what I taught him when we were young and making something out of it. You've really made me proud bro.

Thanks to all of you who came out to Rooster's on a Thursday night (or Tuesday in the old days) and supported me. You folks made me love what I was doing. Especially the Fire Protection crew, Table 1, and Table 6. You all know who you are.

And most of all, thanks to my wonderful wife, Teri. Without her support and patience, I never would have gotten off the ground with this career. She has given and sacrificed so much, just so I could chase a dream.

I still have about 10 shows that I have on my calendar that I will honor. My last night at Roosters will be Thursday, October 4th 2007. I would love to see a big crowd to say goodbye to.

So again, thank for everything and I hope to see y'all down the road.

Please repost this so that everyone knows how much I'll miss them.

No comments: