Thursday, October 25, 2007

Snorty Horse Saloon...... Somebody else is goin' to hell .....

Somebody else is goin' to hell this week. Yup, got robbed again. You know that concrete horse head that kind of looked like our logo...well some som bitch took it!!! It just sat there on the table where Grandpa John takes your money and would have been real easy for someone to walk off with it. You know that blue cooler we put on the stage for band members that we call the bottomless blue cooler? It has been stolen three times...all on "accident" and has been mailed back to me every time once the person who took it developed a guilty conscience. One time it was mailed back from Houston, TX and I'm sure shipping cost more than what the cooler was worth, but we were sure glad to get it back. A lot of really cool people have grabbed beers out of that cooler. Same thing happened with the old Snorty Horse hat that I used to wear. I don't wear it anymore just ‘cause it's wore completely out. But in its day it was a pretty cool hat and random people just wore it in the bar and the hat seemed to dance around from different people's head's. A lot of hot girls danced on the tables wearing that old hat. At the end of the night, the door guys just kind of waited ‘till it started out the front door and one of them would grab it for me. There were a couple of times when it did make it out the door. The best story is when a girl from Columbia, MO snuck out with it and later decided to go bar hopin' around the MU campus wearing my Snorty Horse hat in which at the time had celebrity status mostly ‘cause it was known to attract hot girls and somehow made them do things they wouldn't normally do while wearing it. The story I heard is that the girl stumbled into the Black and Gold bar, which is my favorite bar in Columbia wearing my hat. Many of the people in the bar recognized the hat and pretty much shamed her into mailing it back to me. I guess people made her feel pretty shitty for taking it calling her a thief, etc. and eventually she got pretty emotional and wrote me a long note apologizing for stealing my hat. I still have the note and the box it was sent in and I did except her apology. So I guess let's start another tradition with the horse head if who ever took it has the balls to give it back.

WED, OCT. 24th: COLE, CODY and HUTCH are back with the "NOT SO SPECIAL DRINK SPECIAL!!!" Before coming to this show you need to ask yourself..."Am I ready for the 2 C's and H and an occasional party boy???" If you want a professional show, don't come to this one.

THUR. OCT. 25th: The SHOTGUN BROTHERS!!! These guys love this bar and have been dying to play here. Had them booked a couple of times before and some bad shit happened like a car wreck among other things. It's going on now by golly! These guys are bluegrass only different...not Ben Miller different but even more different...kind of I guess. But it's real cool and I love this stuff and you will too. They packed the Bar Next Door before it closed, so I expect an awesome night.

FRI. OCT. 26th: CHRIS KNIGHT and The CHANCE RAY BAND!!! You asked for it and you finely got it. Chris Knight is making his way to the Snorty Horse! Never ever have I've had so many request to get this guy here as to any other artist. From Slaughter's Kentucky which is a small mining town is where Chris discovered his songwriting abilities in a sweltering single wide trailer. His song's are harsh and real and at times, completely unforgiving and as hard as a core can get. "Cry Lonely" is a song written by Chris Knight that was added on Ragweed's new album "Mission California." He has tons of press all over the place and does a bunch of acoustic shows although this one will be with a full band which is rockin'! This is a much anticipated show and the only reason we got it is because of the "Loudest Show on Dirt" in Jackson, MO.
I paired him up with Chance Ray. I liked his song's a lot and it will be a good match with Chris Knight. I get some emails from Chance Ray fans saying stuff like "all he needs is a break!" Well don't we all, but I really think this is a perfect opportunity for Chance to strut his stuff. DON'T MISS THIS ONE!!! Tix are $12 and you can buy them off our website.

SAT. OCT. 27th: The MARK CHAPMAN BAND!!! Having just come off their LIVE AT THE SNORTY HORSE CD recording, I'm sure they'll be choppin' at the bit for round two! Everyone loves it when Mark and the boys are at the horse! I think they like playing here so much because it's more like an event then just a night at the bar. We usually put some old school metal on the P.A. before they hit the stage and dim the lights and just really give it a concert atmosphere. By the time they get to playin', everyone is completely stoked and ready to throw down! Got to check out a Mark Chapman Band show out at the horse if you haven't already. $7.

Also on SAT. OCT. 27th if your ready for a road trip. Check out the "LOUDEST SHOW ON DIRT" in Jackson, MO. Biggest lineup I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with including BILLY JOE SHAVOR, CHRIS KNIGHT, CORB LUND, JOHN D. HALE BAND, and The DIRTY THIRTIES. Check out
http://www.myspace.com/loudestshowondirt

It's gonna be cool!



Thanks,

Steve Greene
417.833.6700
steve@snortyhorse.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snorty Horse Saloon
"Best Little Texas Roadhouse in Missouri"
3050 N. Kentwood Ave.
Springfield, MO 65803
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buy Tickets Online at
www.snortyhorse.com

No comments: