Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 Cross Canadian Ragweed - Vegas Concert Review by Rob Pratus

Last night Ragweed came into town for a great concert. I am always glad to see them, especially when they play the House of Blues. Last time they were here in August, they played at a now defunct wannabe club in a hotel way south of the strip that cut their set because they had to have their Dance club open at its usual time. Anyways, they came on at 8:00, no opener just Ragweed until they were done which was about 10:15.

Cody came out and made a comment that had me worried for a little. Basically I thought the people who ran the house of blues have been reading my mind. Earlier in the night I told my girlfriend that HOB could make a ton of money if they recorded the concerts and sold them like the people over at Billy Bobs. Well Cody came out and said that they were surprised to know they were being taped, video and audio. He said he wasn't sure what was gonna come of it though. I really hope they put it out as another live cd.

It was a great show from start to finish, play stuff from all over the years and their cds. Highlights included Mexican Sky, Yellow Mama, multiple Drum Solos, Crazy Eddies Last Hurrah, and Wynona's Big Brown Beaver by Primus. We got some Cody acoustic, not even gonna guess the name of one of the songs but he did say it was dedicated to the Braun Family since it was on tape. They really did rock the place, I guess you know it was a good concert when you go to bed with your ears ringing and you wake up with it still ringing. The crowd keeps getting bigger and bigger everytime they come toVegas.. I am looking forward to their next show here and contemplating the drive to Flagstaff on saturday to see them again.

Here's to hoping another one of my ideas once verbalized will come true. I would like to see a "Good Music Invasion Tour", with Ragweed, Wade, Stoney travel around the west coast, since we dont get to see them out here. It would like the High Times and Hangover Jam Concerts. I think that would be fun.

Rob Pratus


No comments: