Thursday, August 23, 2007

Snorty Horse Saloon

Had a bunch of people come up to me after the Josh Davis show and said, "We just feel like we underpaid to get in. That is probably the most entertained we have ever been!" It was a crazy night and reminded me of "The old bar days." Later in the night Josh and other members of the Drams performed the worst rendition of Tom Petty I've ever seenwhich somehow ended up being great. Finally had to shut off the P.A. not only because it was getting too late, but because it was uncontrollable chaos on stage. My sister decided she was an expert on electric guitar and Paul was drunk enough to let her play; I got to say that it was anything but pleasant sounding. I think a lot of my sister, but she should never ever pick up a guitar again as long as she lives. And yesit was that bad. It was pretty cool watching Paul dance with all the chicks to Michael Jackson. Go to utube and do a search on Josh Davis Band/snortyhorse and see what I'm talking about. It's classic and definitely worth your time. Right now Josh and his band are thinking about killing me if they read this. Don't worry guys; money well spent.

I believe the aliens jumped back in Randy's fiddle case when he was here on Friday. I say that only because nothing bad has happened with the P.A. the last couple of days. Not often when everything actually works the way it's supposed to. Damn aliens.

O.K. Big week and no sleep for Steve so if I look like a Zombie it's because I probably am. If you try and talk to me and I just kind of look into space and start drooling a little is because I turned into a Zombie. Please find one of my employees and point to the direction I am located at and they will know what to do. Also please let them know if they need to bring a bandaid or not. Sometimes I hurt myself when I turn into a sleep deprived Zombie.

WED. AUG. 22nd: COLE, CODY and HUTCH with the "Not So Special Drink Special" in effect!!! I'm real excited for this particular Cole, Cody and Hutch show because it's the first full week of school and the boys from the Wormy Dog will be in town for the Dierks/Ragweed show. I believe Kenny Deforest may make a surprise appearance also if he's not "studying". Are you kiddingnot even nerds study the first week of college. Trust me, I used to be one. How many cans of Stag can we drink this week. F it!!! Stag versus Pabst and a bar sign of your choice (within reason) goes to the winner! Let's do this!!!

THUR. AUG. 23rd: CHASE ENNIS and JARED SMOTHERS. I know we're supposed to have a rock show goin' on, but sometimes bad things happen and cancellations occur, which is what happened. No problem! We have Chase available on short notice and Jared who is a Snorty Horse virgin. Jared's a student at MSU and I believe he's a member of one of the Ag fraternities. Chase is a student somewhere, but I'm not sure where and I don't think even he knows where he's enrolled. I'm sure he'll graduate someday. Goodtime!

FRI. AUG. 24th: JOHN D. HALE BAND!!! O.K. here's the deal. Everyone knows about the big show at Price Cutter Park with Dierks/Ragweed/and Bowen. Here's the schedule of events and I'm kind of guessing on some of this so don't depend on this information. Doors do open at 5 P.M. Wade Bowen should start within that hour. I'm not sure on times but Ragweed will be next band on stage and obviously Dierks will be the last on stage. One thing I do know fore sure is that the City of Ozark has a noise ordinance and all music has to stop by 10:30. I'm guessing that music will actually stop closer to 10 then 10:30 just to insure that the City is happy with the show and maybe we can do something like this again down the road. Since the music gets done early it is only obvious that the Snorty Horse is the place to be after the show. Keep your driver sober 'cause it's about a fifteen or twenty minute drive from Price Cutter Park to the Snorty Horse. I'll have plenty of handbills at the concert with directions although I'm pretty sure they'll be a long line of cars that you can follow if you never been here before. Be sure and keep your ticket stub because you will get in at $5 with a ticket stub and $8 without.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with The JOHN D. HALE BAND need to check it out. They are currently getting geared up for the release of their new CD "Lost" which was produced by RECKLESS KELLY. Anticipation and Expectation for the new record are huge and I'm sure we will get a good taste of some of the new stuff.

SAT. AUG. 25th: CINDER ROAD with SOULIDIUM!!! I have a new opinion about radio. New Rock stations in particular. It seems as though some of these guys are about the tunes and not how they can make a buck through advertising. A bar of our size can't survive by paying outrages radio rates with a big question mark for a return. I discovered that there are a few of you radio people out there, a very few, that realize that bands like these would never come to town if it wasn't for bars like this. A big huge thanks to Simon Nytes at Z 106.7 for pushing these shows and someone else who I can't say 'cause he/she might get in trouble for the stunts that they pull. (You know who you are and you are appreciated.) I'll be honest with you, I've never even heard of either of these bands until a couple of weeks ago. Got a call from some guy out of town that said the show would be all over the radio and it would be a great turnout. I researched it a little and called Brian of RED DIRT UNDERGROUND to see if we could move the date 'cause basically all his fans would be cashed out from the Dierks/Ragweed show. He didn't have a problem and I booked the show. About 10 minutes after it was confirmed we were all over the radio and we never asked for a thing. Turns out CINDER ROAD is based out of Maryland and has a lot of pull in the industry. They recently got off tour with CANDLEBOX and The SICK PUPPIES and have also toured with DAUGHTRY. They are getting plenty of airplay nationwide and are currently touring in a 47' bus.

SOULIDIUM ain't no slouch either. Having just gotten off a lengthy European tour, Soulidium has also enjoyed nationwide airplay. These guys are based out of good ol' Springfield, MO but don't get to play much around here anymore just because their on the road all the time. They recently had a stroke of bad luck because their house burned down and countless dollars worth of equipment was destroyed. Hopefully they'll bounce back with little problems even though something like that has got to suck. Been getting a lot of calls about tickets. They are available at the door only and are $10.

Have you guys takin' a look at our September calendar? I really think it's the best lineup that has ever been put together in 1 month.

Pay close attention to the JASON BOLAND show on Tues. Sept. 11. This was bar none, the best show we had last year.

Thanks,

Steve Greene

417.833.6700

steve@snortyhorse.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snorty Horse Saloon

"Best Little Texas Roadhouse in Missouri"

3050 N. Kentwood Ave.

Springfield, MO 65803

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buy Tickets Online at

www.snortyhorse.com

No comments: