Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Monty Harper News

Monty talks songwriting with students at Northwood Elementary in Seminole, OK.

Don't miss this!

$100 coupon available

toward a similar program at your school!

See below...

Howdy,

Thank you for being a MontyNews subscriber!

It's been several months since you heard from me, so I thought a quick reminder might be prudent. You (or someone who looks just like you) did ask at some point to be included on my mailing list, and I very much appreciate that! See the bottom of this message for subscription options.

Lisa and I have spent the past three months or so organizing, strategizing, regrouping, planning, scheming, conspiring, preparing, formulating, scheduling and consulting a thesaurus. That's why you haven't heard from us. But things are beginning to hop again!

  1. Introducing... The SongWorks Series
  2. Catch the Reading Bug
  3. News from the Daily Blog
  4. Thanks!

Introducing... The SongWorks Series

I've created a brand new school program for 2nd-6th grade called "The SongWorks Series." In a moment I'll tell you how you can receive a $100 coupon toward bringing this program to your school.

Designed for a smaller single-grade audience of up to 120, the program allows students to get up close and personal with a professional songwriter (that's me). Students will walk away with many new insights to help inspire and improve their own writing.

Working titles include...

Oklahoma Journeys:
Rev Up Your Writing With Research!

Monty uses songs about his state's colorful history to demonstrate how research can rev up your writing! Students will leave this program ready to research their own topics for essays, fiction, poems, songs, etc.

Pick Up a Pen and Win:
Award-Winning Writing Requires Process!

Monty performs a few of his award-winningest songs and shows how they developed from ideas to polished products. Students will leave this program knowing that successful writing is not born whole; it comes about through an exciting process of discovery and refinement.

Character, Conflict, and Plot, Oh My:
Pepper Your Writing With Elements of Story!

Monty performs story songs and reveals how each keeps listeners glued to the edges of their seats with compelling characters, comedic conflict, and surprising plot twists. Students will leave this program ready to spin a few yarns of their own!

OK, about that $100 coupon. Just reply to this email that you'd like to hear more about the SongWorks series. Let me know if you're a parent, librarian, teacher, principal, or other, and where your school is located. I'll write back with more information and the coupon, good for $100 off two or more SongWorks sessions booked at the same location on the same day.

Plus, look in my response to find out how you can double the value of your coupon to $200!

Catch the Reading Bug

This summer the library reading program theme is "Catch the Reading Bug," all about insects. I've been working on some new songs to go with that, and I've started booking up the calendar, with over 20 definite programs so far, and more in the tentative category.

I'll definitely be performing in Moore, Watonga, McAlester, Ada, Ft. Gibson, Checotah, Stillwater, Perry, Mustang, Norman, Piedmont, and Duncan, OK. Also in Chetopa, Galena, Baxter Springs, Pittsburg, and Ft. Scott, KS.

Check out the full schedule here: www.montyharper.com/Fans/Schedule.html

I hope I'll see you this summer at one of the shows!

News from the Daily Blog

Well my daily blogging slowed down as the new year rolled by - like I said, we've been home, doing a lot of scheming. I'll have more to blog about soon, but here are the most recent highlights:

  • 1/27/08 - The Brent and Woofy Show: I was a guest (along with Evalyn!) on a recent episode of this fun radio show for kids. I posted the whole program so you can listen.
  • 12/4/07 - The Sugar Free All-Stars: Lisa, Evalyn and I enjoyed a performance by this local band, who recently had a number one hit on XMKids!
  • 11/29/07 - Poor Ruby Sue: Yep, Ruby Sue, our Subaru, which we drove for a decade, got totaled in a wreck. Nobody was hurt. We're now driving a brand new Toyota RAV4, which Evalyn nicknamed "Holly."
  • 11/15/07 - Happy 100th!: Check out this adorable photo of kindergarteners each holding a fan with my face on it! Also check out previous blog entries to see plenty more great photos from my November "Oklahoma CenTUNEial Celebration" school performances.

Thanks!


- Monty

Monty Harper, Award-Winning Children's Songwriter
monty@montyharper.com • (405) 624-3805 • www.montyharper.comReadingSongs.com

No comments: