Friday, February 15, 2008

Nick Gibson writes....

Howdy everyone!

So, I know it's been a long time since we sent one of these out! I'm sure alot of you know that the http://www.nickgibson.net/ website has been down for quite sometime. Someone in some country somewhere halfway across the globe thought it was hilarious to keep hacking into the website so I took the website down until we could all that fixed! Now that we have that problem solved, I'm in the process of getting the website back up and running. As of right now the only thing that works is the email list so I can keep in touch with everyone! We'll get it up and running soon! I'll let you know when we do!

Wow...a lot has happened since the last time I sent out an email list. We FINALLY released the album...one day shy of exactly two years after we went to Nashville to record it! The album was officially released on February 5th and 238 radio stations have our first single which is "No Other Way"! We're in the process of finding out who is going to pick up the first single and put it into rotation! We have a few radio stations that have already picked it up and put it into rotation and as we get them I'll be sure to let everyone know so you can call in and request it! We appreciate all the help and support we can get! I know that 105.5 FM Cowboy Country in Stillwater, OK has our first single "No Other Way" in rotation now! Call them up and request it for us @ 405.377.1055!

Not quite sure when the last email list was sent but another big event was that we gained a new bass player and a new drummer! I feel like I sent this out before and let everyone know, so if I did then I apologize, and if I didn't, well now you'll know! Dave Diehl from Sapulpa, OK is the man droppin' the funky basslines and Zack Benbrook from Grove, OK is the man beatin' the skins! We're really excited to be playing with these guys! They're both very talented, but even more importantly they're great guys! Come out to a show soon and check 'em out if you haven't already! Dave and Zack have been with us since June of '07 but like I said I don't know when the last time I sent out an email for the mailing list so I wanted to let everyone know!

The album is $15 and can be purchased at any of our shows. Also, you can get it at Hasting's in Stillwater, OK or Ponca City, OK. We're working on setting up where you can order the album online as well so be patient with us...it's our first time! Haha!

Now to the shows!
This Friday (February 15th) we're playing in Tulsa @ Crow Creek Tavern. It's located at 36th and Peoria, and it's our official CD Release Show for all of our Tulsa fans! Come out and be one of the first to own the album in the Tulsa area! There is a $3 cover at the door and we hope to see some familiar faces out in the crowd!

Saturday we're playing a private party and then celebrating Dave Diehl's birthday! Happy birthday, Dave!

I'll be sending out these email lists pretty regularly again so that everyone can stay updated on where we'll be each week! Can't wait to see all you guys back out on the road!

No comments: