Saturday, February 9, 2008

trying to find musicians that want to form a band

Hi everyone my name is Jim Lockett

I am a 40 yr old sax player and have
been playing since I was 10. I have recently came out of retirement and
would like to start trying to find musicians that want to form a band
or work on an original project. I am into just about any kind of blues
and rock and funk. I have experience with the real book and although
there are a lot of great songs in that series of books it hard for my
creative side to stay content with it. I would like to be able to more
freely express myself. I feel that jazz although should have some guide
lines it should also be expressive. At the current time I have an alto
and will be getting a tenor soon.

I would like the group to have 1 to 2 percussionists,bass,1 to 2
guitarists, a couple of singers prefer a mix of voices, a keyboardist
or 2, and a 3 or 4 piece horn section which can sub in as alternate
percussion when needed.

I know it is a large group but this to me is the ultimate line-up of a
show band. I am not looking for overnight success. I am looking for
dedicated people. I would love to build this group together with the
individuals involved and hopefully be able to take the show on the road.

Let me know if you share the same dream.

281-379-2427 hm
832-588-0762 cell

No comments: